- One of the strongest points for this Ibanez acoustic guitar is that it’s really affordable. It’s a really good guitar especially for beginners. But some experienced ones would have different preferences.
I first got my hands on my Ibanez acoustic guitar two years ago. I paid half of it from my savings, and my parents paid for the other half. It was that year that I decided to start learning guitar playing, but I really didn’t want to spend a good amount on it yet because for one, I didn’t even know yet if I could play and secondly, I actually can’t afford a higher-end guitar even if I wanted to.
I still remember how shocked my best friend, a lead guitarist in a band, at how pleasant this sounded compared to other beginner guitars on a higher price range. It was from this same friend that I learned how to play the guitar, and I would say, I think having this guitar helped me learn well.
This guitar of mine is still working well until now, two years later, and I just wanted to share my thoughts on it after using it for two years.
This guitar really performs great for its value. It’s an excellent guitar most especially for beginners (I really have to emphasize this point again, sorry for that).
- It has a laminated top with a body made from Agathis and the neck of rosewood. The finish looks good, I would say, with a natural finish in front and a darker mahogany color at the back.
- The package comes with a bag, a tuner, strap, accessory pouch, a set of medium picks, and some replacement parts.
- It weighs 8.6 lbsat 37 x 3 x 14in.
- What I like most about this guitar is its affordability. This really offers great value for money. Some may be disappointed with the laminated finish and some cheap accessories, like the tuner, but those are minor considerations. This might not be the best if you’re a pro with specific preferences, but beginners hit the jackpot with this one! I did!
- With a dreadnought size, this guitar could play real loud. It’s also perfect for playing rock songs or other band genres that go well with a strong acoustic sound. I like that the most about this guitar, because this is certainly my jam. I enjoy singing classic songs from Beegees or making my own composition.
- The guitar is also really durable and reliable, I still have it with me now. I would say that the build is really good. It won’t budge easily but of course, if you drop it a couple of times mindlessly on the floor or rough and hard surfaces, some parts may be scratched. Really tough build, but extra care won’t hurt since parts are made of laminates and not solid wood.
I like how electric guitars sound, but this is seriously a good alternative for when I just like to play guitar without the fuss of plugging electric wires.
- I didn’t like the strings that come with it, honestly. I used it for a good 3 mos but figured that I’d try another set and see if it would sound better, and it did! So if you’re planning to buy this guitar, make sure to check how it sounds and see for yourself if the strings fit your jam.
- Also, it might be a con for other people, but it doesn’t really bother me. If you’re looking for more versatile sounds, I would say this isn’t the best guitar for you. Most sounds are on the strong sides and aren’t the most flexible in terms of sound range and resonance. This guitar also has high action, but I got used to it.
- Lastly, two years ago, when I bought this, the tuner really was bad. I replaced it right away. I’m not sure if they improved it now, so it’s worth checking and preparing for. When it was already replaced, I loved it all the way. I still use the guitar until now.
But in conclusion these are all very minor and amenable. I would really say that this guitar is one of the best purchases I’ve ever made. Really great value for the money I paid.