For a guitar, strings matter. They play an important role on tone and performance, but are in low priority when considering attention to detail. One of the reasons is possibly that guitar players always feel overwhelmed when choosing among millions of choice. This is understandable.
This article will provide you reviews of 3 best guitar string providers, thus suggesting good decisions on guitar strings. These strings are generally not high-ticket products, it’s recommended that you compare the features, as well as pros and cons of each brands’ items so that you know what you feel best suitable to your playing style and tone.
For example, coated strings usually can be used for longer time, but some people assume that their tone is not natural. You may like strings that put an emphasis on brightness while others think that they are too harsh. No matter what kind of guitar you’re playing, you’ll find the right strings from the 3 provider discussed below.
Best Acoustic Guitar Strings Reviews
Founded in 1680, this big daddy of guitar strings is probably familiar to all experienced guitarists. D’Addario is undoubtedly the biggest musical string manufacturer in the world. They provide strings for all string-based musical instruments. D’Addario has a ‘collection’ of best-selling string models on Amazon, including acoustic guitar strings. There are 2 acoustic guitar string series that always receive excellent customer reviews: EJ series and EXP series.
– EJ series: A D’Addario hybrid gauge, combination of medium bottom with light top strings for a big sound while maintain comfortable playing experience. D’Addario EJ is the best seller in acoustic guitar string. It’s preferred for the warm, bright, and well balanced acoustic tone.
– EXP series: Offering heavy strumming, flat-picking and resonant, projecting tone, D’Addario EXP is the best coated string model available in the market. Featuring longer lifetime and increased durability combined with the brightness, clarity and sensitivity, It’s great for all level of guitar players.
Established in early 1830s, Martin is manufacturing a huge range of guitars and strings, provide guitar players and artist valuable resource, hosting numerous events and clubs. One of the most factors to choose a product is reputation of provider, and we have it with Martin Guitar.
Martin provides the worldwide market with 6 acoustic guitar string series:
- SP LifeSpan: the most popular guitar strings by Martin. They repel dirt, grit and other environmental elements that can quickly affect your sound. SP series are designed to last longer and sound better.
- FX – Flexibility: FX series is the thinnest core wire to the standard tension so you can stay in control every note. FX strings are soft when touching, thus making them ideal for beginners. With FX, you get not only flexibility but total control.
- SP: SP strings are made of high tensile strength core wire and covered by the highest quality wrap. All products in the SP series stand up to rigorous practice and performance schedules to deliver consistent true tone that you can count on song after song.
- Traditional: No bells. No whistles. Just pure, singing tone. Great for daily play and appropriate for all skill levels.
- Marquis: Marquis strings are added with a soft silk wrap to the ball ends which prevent wear and tear on the bridge and end plate as you play. Our silk wrap puts a comforting protecting layer in place whenever you change your strings.
- Retro & Artist Choice: Literally, this line of string is the choice of guitar gurus and artist, with the real true acoustic voice.
Compared with the age of the two below brands, Elixir is only a child. But they’ve placed themselves and their products at the top place of guitar strings researching and producing.
Elixir is considered the pioneer in coated string technology. They provide full range of gauges for acoustic and electric guitar, bass, banjo, and mandolin. According to players, artists and famous guitarists, Elixir strings retain their tone longer than all other coated or uncoated strings.
Generally, there is 2 main types of acoustic guitar strings from Elixir: NANOWEB coating: Ultra-thin coating with bright tone and feels like traditional strings. POLYWEB coating: Original polyweb coating offers warm tone and comfort with minimized finger squeak.